Thursday, August 7, 2008

7 months old today!



Hello to everyone reading my blog, I just wanted to tell you that I am seven months old today and doing great!

I had a visit with one of my doctors yesterday, the pulmonologist, and she made a bunch of changes for me to brag about.

To start, I no longer have to take my diuretics and my potassium. She said that I had grown out of the doses and no longer need them, she also told my mommy that she ordered the sleep study that I need to have before I can stop my night time oxygen and the monitor. I am excited for that! She also added one for my reflux that is supposed to help keep things from creeping up, it is called Reglan.

She said that I am looking and sounding great and had the nutritionist come to meet with my mommy. Since I am doing so well gaining weight, by the way I am now 13 lbs and 8 oz, I don't have to get up in the middle of the night anymore to eat. Mommy and daddy are both excited about that one.

She also told my mommy that I can now start to go out to places with her like the grocery store and the mall, now is the time to do it before flu season starts up and I need to stay in again.

But wait, I'm not finished yet...I have a few more accomplishments to brag about. When my physical therapist Lynn was here last week I had some things to show her too! I rolled over all by myself from my belly to my back, I am also very good now at handling things with my hands and can pass items from one hand to the other and back with no problems.

I like to play peek a boo by putting my silky tag blanket on my head and then pulling it off when mommy says "Where's Antonio". I am also making lots of sounds now, I have a comment for just about everything that happens.

I am working on sitting up by myself now and when my mommy sits behind me I do a great job and keep my hands out to the side to catch myself if I tip over. Lynn told mommy that most of my developmental skills are at the level of a 4 to 6 month old and that I am going to catch up to my real age pretty quick! For those of you who don't know my adjusted age is 3 and 1/2 months, that is how old I would be if I didn't come early. Most babies that are born early catch up to their real age by the time they are 2 years old but as you can see I am working very hard to do it faster.

I'll leave you with some of my latest photos. Hope you are all doing well and maybe I'll see you soon.



Olá a todos que vêm aqui me visitar nesse meu cantinho na Internet! Queria apenas lembrar que hoje é meu aniversário de 7 meses, e que eu continuo muito bem, obrigado!

Eu fui visitar minha pneumologista ontem, e ela fez uma porção de mudanças na minha rotina -- todas para melhor, eu posso me gabar disso!



Pra começar, não preciso tomar mais nenhum diurético (eram dois antes) e o PotássioTo start, pois eu já estou bem grandinho e não preciso mais deles. A médica também falou que eu devo fazer o teste do sono nas próximas semanas, e se tudo der certo vão descontinuar o use norturno do oxygênio e do monitor cardíaco! Eu vou ficar muito contente quando isso acontecer, pois eu odeio a tubo do O2 no meu nariz...

Mas a médica também me receitou mais um medicamento pra ajudar com o Refluxo, chamado Reglan, que vai ajudar a manter a comida no meu estômago.

Me talking with my daddy on the phone all the way in Japan / Eu falando no telefone com o papai diretamente do Japão -- ele me ligava todos os dias!


A médica também falou que meus pulmões parecem estar limpos e que eu estou um gato! Ela também fez com que a nutricionista da clínica viesse me ver, e uma vez que eu continuo ganhando peso (estava com 6.125 gramas) eu não preciso mais acordar no meio da noite pra comer... a mamãe e o papai estão muito contentes com essa mudança!

Além disso, eu estou liberado pra sair de casa, ir ou shopping ou supermercado com meus pais... na verdade agora é o melhor momento para essas escapada, pois daqui a pouco o inverno chega novamente, e eu vou ter que imbernar mais uma vez.

Grandma Arlene is helping me to lift weights / Minha vó Arlene me ajudando a levantar peso



Mas espere, eu ainda não acabei... Eu tenho algumas outras notícias pra dar: Minha fisioterapeuta veio nas segunda-feira passada, eu eu tive algumas coisas pra mostrar à ele -- eu estava deitado de bruços e rolei para minhas costas! Além disso eu tembém consigo passarmeus brinquedos de uma mão para a outra, sem deixar cair! .

Eu adoro brincar de esconde-esconde com o papai e com a mamãe, colocando meu cobertorzinho sobre minha cbeça, e puxando ele quando eles falam "Cadê o Antônio?" Eu também estou "falando" um bocado, e tenho sempre uma opinião pra tudo que acontece ao meu redor.

Ultimamente eu estou trabalhando duro pra conseguir sentar sozinho, e a Lynn (fisioterapeuta) disse que eu estou com desenvolvimento de 4-6 meses o que é muito bom, pois minha idade ajustada é apenas 3.5 meses!

Eu espero que vocês tenhas gostado das fotos acima.. mais tarde eu volto pra postar mais!

3 comments:

DERLY. said...

Caro sobrinho querido Antonio do
seu texto tio ronaldo não entendeu
nada pois ele é burrinho de dar dó
e não entende nada de inglês he he
mas em compensação ele adorou as suas
fotos,e essa com voce falando no tele
fone então é show de bola,pelo pouco
que entendi voce estava falando com
o papai quando ele estava no Japão

abraço e tudo de bom tio ronaldo

DERLY. said...

PARABÉNS SOBRINHO PELOS SETE MESES

BEIJÃO CARA

TIO RONALDO DERLY

Anonymous said...

Parab�ns Antonio, felicidades para voce.

Um beij�o

Tio Mundy